Dar Si Hmad for Development, Education and Culture is an independent nonprofit organization founded in 2010 promoting local culture and sustainable initiatives through education and the integration of scientific ingenuity in Southwest Morocco. We operate North Africa's largest fog harvesting project, providing villages with access to potable water. Our Water School and Girls' E-Learning Programs build capacity in the Anti-Atlas Mountains. Through our Ethnographic Field School, researchers and students engage with local communities in Agadir, Sidi Ifni, and the rural Aït Baamrane region for meaningful cross-cultural exchange.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

RISE Profile: Youness

Happy Tuesday from Dar Si Hmad! It's time to meet another RISEr.

Youness Boussaid is a twenty-year-old Agadir native studying at Ibn Zohr.


"I applied to RISE to hone my professional and personal skills. My favorite session so far has been learning how to use technology to build my network.

"Before RISE, I always thought I would be a teacher or professor. After doing the professional development module, I learned that there are more options out there for me. 
"It expanded my vision about the job market, and I learned a lot about myself. 
"One day, I want to create a center for providing resources and activities for underprivileged communities to promote cultural openness."


To meet other RISE participants and hear about their work building personal and professional capacities, make sure to follow us on Twitter and Instagram and like our page on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment